This workshop with Richard and Martyn of Immersive Publishing will give you the strongest foundation as you start to develop your book(s) and products.
Write Your Book—Grow Your Business
What you need to know BEFORE you start writing your book
London, 22nd May, 10am – 4pm
Why should you book this workshop?
This workshop will help you:
- understand and decide on the clear business reasons for writing your book
- avoid the dangers that await the unwary author
- see clearly how to turn the ideas in your head into a book that transforms your readers and your business.
Who is the workshop for?
This workshop is designed for experienced and expert coaches, trainers, consultants, therapists, speakers and business owners who:
- already enjoy a degree of success but want to grow their business further
- don’t work with their ideal clients as much as they want to
- get terrific results for their clients and want to reach many more
- know they have great insights that could lead to great books and products (audio/online training)
- want expert assistance to ensure their books and products are top quality
What will I learn?
During this interactive session you will:
- recognise your expertise and the content your book needs to share with your audience (What)
- evaluate the role of a book (and extended product range) within your business growth strategy (Why)
- walk through the steps it takes to create and publish a book that demonstrates your skill and insight (How)
- discover your authoring voice—new ways to present yourself powerfully in writing that demonstrate the high quality of your expertise (Who)
- learn how to avoid damaging your brand and expertise with poor quality books and products (What not to do)
- know the options available to you so you can move ahead confidently
How will the session work?
The workshop combines input, exercises to help you explore the various areas, discussion and advice on your first steps.
What difference can the masterclass make?
The expert business coach now holds her first book in her hands and smiles, her grin stretches from ear to ear.
It has been a real journey. She partnered with publishers who were as committed to her project as she was, who encouraged her to stop just presenting information and ensured that her writing was as transformational as she was.
By learning new storytelling techniques, advanced writing skills and trusting in her own wisdom, insight and experience she crafted a book that she is rightly proud of, one that she can still be proud of in years to come.
She now knows the book was just the beginning and looks forward to working on her first online training module, which she planned when writing the book…
Who is leading the workshop?
Richard Hagen has been turning information into transformation for more than thirty years.
As a preacher, teacher, storyteller and trainer he worked with communities throughout the UK and internationally—turning dry and familiar information into empowering and transformative experiences that equipped individuals and communities to engage in new ways. At the same time he wrote for, edited and eventually managed within one of the UK’s largest Christian publishers.
Along the way, he qualified as a trainer in NLP and worked for five years as a primary school teacher—the toughest gig on the planet… As co-founder of Immersive Publishing and mPowr Publishing he now combines his mission for transformation and empowerment with his passion for publishing books and products that multiply the impact, the results and the business of expert coaches, consultants, therapists, speakers and entrepreneurs.
His latest book, co-authored with Martyn, is The Heist: Cracking the Marketing Code Through Authoring a Book. Currently he is working on his next book Write Your Book—Grow Your Business: What business owners need to know BEFORE you start writing a book.
Martyn Pentecost has experienced the highs and lows of publishing, from hundreds of rejection letters to finally having his first published novel at sixteen. Having watched the gatekeepers of the media world change from publishers to audience, he is now on the forefront of immersive, product-ecosystem and transmedia publishing.
From the London publishing world, he moved on to journalism and digital technology. This involved establishing some of the largest, UK-based sites, in the earliest days of the web, for Comic Relief and the BBC among others.
After the numbing reality of corporate life he shifted focus to originating and developing a vast number of therapeutic and philosophical methodologies (Creative Writing Therapy, Celtic Reiki, etc.), training and practising in this area for many years.
Since 2009, as co-founder of mPowr Publishing, he has brought his varied experience to the writing of more than twenty books (everything from fiction to business and therapy), numerous audio programmes, a vast 38-week online training programme for therapists and has also helped various authors publish their own work through his coaching and design skills.
Through Immersive Publishing Martyn supports expert coaches, consultants, therapists, speakers and entrepreneurs in turning their insight, experience and expertise into books and product ranges.
These create new worlds of possibilities for their readers and customers—worlds that make a lasting difference in the real world.
In the last few months he has published two new books, Legacy: You Get One Life… Make It Remarkable and The Heist: Cracking the Marketing Code Through Authoring a Book.